Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Let me introduce myself, from the new Executive Director

I am so excited to be writing this blog, my first as the new Executive Director!  My background for the past 15 years has been in higher education, with most of that time being spent at MSUSA.  I also worked at a MnSCU campus and have been an instructor for several years. I am ready to serve the Officers and Board to make MSUSA the absolute best student organization in the country.

I see many great opportunities for MSUSA.  MSUSA has many hard-working students, from the Officers, Board Members, Campus Coordinators, to every student that gets involved.  The staff is committed to the mission of MSUSA, and there have been many successes.  There are exciting things happening at the organization, including a potential move to a student-owned building, Lobby Corps during the legislative session and congressional visits to campuses this spring.

I am spending my first week meeting with the State Chair, MSUSA staff, MSCSA staff, and the MnSCU Chancellor and staff.  There is a lot of work for me to do, and I am ready to take it on.  Please contact me at ehowe@msusa.org if you have a question for me or want to give me any suggestions. I work for each student at the seven state universities, and I will work hard for you.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome and Congrats from MSU-Mankato and their Senate!!

    --Matt Lindquist

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome from a former Bemidji State board member!

    -Michael Meehlhause

    ReplyDelete